Dear Josh, and all -
Thank you for the sermon. You have refreshed my perspective many times over, and yet again.
I am more convicted on what I was planning to base my 1-2 minute Lenten talk on: I had intended to talk about Immanuel in the perspective of parenthood, but then I was given our more specific assignment to open one of the Lenten services with a personal encounter with Jesus story. Mom, your own encounter testimony would fit right in with this assignment, but I guess I am still one inclined to talk about how we encounter Jesus everyday. And I think I will still talk, as a Dad and as a son too, about the reminder of Immanuel, and how, even with the breadth of the concept that God is with us always, it is good to be reminded, and to be reminders of this. Thanks!
Now, you have not paid me to say this, Josh but I kinda like Still Water Productions because it brings us back a little closer, geographically and spiritually, to Woebegone Productions — but what if we make the name even more specific to your aspirations, which after all are very much like those of Dan to publish his novel or me to publish my poems or Anne to bring her blogs to a new level. We could, in fact, name this thing Cutbank Productions or Handmade Productions or Simorgh (Persian for Thirty Birds) Productions, and that would still be something each of us could separately identify with: the aspiration itself. So, here is my vote, and hopefully the final tweaking, for Stillwater Brewery Productions. I will not charge lobbying fees.
On the other hand, the Rustlers Production might also work, and in much the same way...
Love, Jon
No comments:
Post a Comment