Friday, March 6, 2015

Kirsten's psuedo music list

This list is filled with the songs I genuinely listen to in this moment of my life so it is rather eclectic(and strange). Please don't read too much into the songs, they are purely based on music not message k cool

Link to listen to it right now(for freeeeee): rise, zenith, set

Rise
Beck - Morning
Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings, op. 11
Radiohead - Faust Arp
Yann Tiersen (Amelie) - Comptine d'un autre été
Beyoncé - Haunted

Zenith
Lana Del Rey - Money Power Glory
Mark Ronson - Uptown Funk
Xtreme - Te Extraño
Die Antwoord - Ugly Boy
Lana Del Rey - F***** My Way Up To the Top

Set
TLC - No Scrubs
Arctic Monkeys - Why’d You Only Call Me When You’re High?
Juanes - Fotografía
Destiny’s Child - Say My Name
Beck - Turn Away

3 comments:

  1. Kirsten, your dad and I were listening to your compilation last night o'er a couple of great new New Glarus beers (Road Slush, an Oatmeal Stout,...really good and smooth!...but I digress...) Excellent compilation!...not that we compile these lists seeking the accolades of anyone else... This list is a wonderful expression of self--who YOU are and what gets you, but for those of us not you, it provides such a wonderful source of inspiration to explore, and this compilation is excellent in how smoothly it flows, in how well thought out it is, in its diversity of style...well-done!
    One more thing--as we were listening, 'Drea came in from the other room when 'Uptown Funk' was playing, beaming about a:how much she loved that song, and b:how happy she was that she had first introduced that song to me... Already, your compilation may bring another into this dialogue, and for this, I'm as thankful as for anything else that comes from this projectd.

    Keep on being inspired, and keep on inspiring!

    FYI, my 2015 compilation has been in prototype stage now for about a month...will publish it soon, and I hope it can inspire as yours has for me! But more importantly, I've been enjoying the heck out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Kirsten, good job. I have enjoyed listening to your list, and I've even downloaded songs outside of Spotify (to get Radiohead represented better, and to skip the commercials), which means I could now burn it onto a disk. Technology!

    Meanwhile, following Andrea's interest as we played Uptown Funk the other day, she has been invited to be the Symposia's Author #11. Andrea, we're looking forward to hearing your songs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list... Thanks! Listening now (albeit a month late)

    ReplyDelete