Sport is art is necessary, beyond what pundits say.
Aaron Rodgers remains the ambassador of 'chillax', a potent reminder to... well, chillax. I won't go so far as to say he secularizes the 3rd Commandment (especially as the NFL robs many of its fans the Christian sabbath), but part of 'chillax', if I may conjecture, is to rest and take stock of what is God-given good. The Packers are good. They don't necessarily attend to the more-than-good imperative of John 21, a reason why we're Christians more than bandwagon humanists.
Pete Carroll is a brilliant coach. His tactical patience, his trust of Wilson's Badger instincts, his tolerance of locker room hip-hop-over-the-top-ness must not be underestimated. You've seen my concern about Marshawn Lynch, who brought sufficient game--I won't say 'beast mode'--today. Richard Sherman and other crew did what they could do. The Packers weren't the inferior team, and probably in Lambeau Field they would have won (hearken back to Week 1).
Sport is art is necessary. Now for the greater need for the Sabbath, the Monday-morning-after that the NFL can never muster, win or lose.
Eager to see you all and celebrate this summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment