what Dad would call mud days in slushy slew
and where he’d be buried in quick démarche,
and why that would captivate me and you.
It’s here again twining the lives of Lent:
birthdays of spring sons; unction for Julie,
the niece who now joins her heaven-sent
uncles and father, her smile, Sarah Lee.
It’s mud days, and tangibly leading us
It’s mud days, and tangibly leading us
on is the Gospel of John—raise that dear friend—
the Gospel of Luke—speak, Lazarus!—
vanquishing dogmas for dogs whose sole end
is to lick our soul sores through uncertain days,
is to lick our soul sores through uncertain days,
mud-luscious, forlorn, and worthy of praise.
Good, Dan. You had me scrambling to the dictionary a few times, and googling "vanquishing dogmas" too, but nothing wrong with that.
ReplyDeleteThis is the first chance to remind everyone that you will all get sent emails for comments as well as posts. So test it out. Send Dan a comment!
Also, note that I have updated all the menus and given color coding to your links there. I started out assigning people school colors - Anne gets orange, Josh blue, Dan maroon - but thereafter I just wanted to make each color distinct from the rest.
Meanwhile, for the sake of context, I am going to comment on my own last entry with the copy of my Sarah Lee essay I wrote in college.
Thanks to both of you for your eulogies for Julie Beth... It makes me wonder, though, how many more of our cousins would appreciate access to these and the option to write their own in this space... Invitations?
ReplyDelete