Hello family -
After 9 days, The Stillwater Symposia blogsite I tried to start has gained one "follower" (Thanks Josh) and no comments from the symposian gallery other than in a non-group email (thanks Dan). I have never tried my hand at this blogging stuff, though, and I suppose the gmail hurdle is daunting. And yes, we are all allowed to be busy with other priorities, as I have been myself. But check it out, all, and please, any suggestions on how to do this right are welcome.
Actually, if you had checked it out before today, the site has been sitting empty. But tonight I started posting the emails beginning in mid January when Dan first came up with this idea. I spent about an hour on this, and it is a little bit of work sorting through old emails and attachments, and there is at least one post that is certainly too long (my 1990 Dostoevsky final, which I had shared before we roped the rest of you into this project). But overall I think it will be nice to see this come together. So far, I'm just at the point where Dan first opened it up to all with his turtle poem. I haven't even gotten to the duck photo and the haikus, not to mention the point when we came up with the name. But take a look - and feel free to help me post some of the older emails (just be sure to time/date stampt them on the post-options). Again, the address is http://stillwatersymposia.blogspot.com/
In fact, blogspot.com is itself pretty easy to work with. And it is not hard to give yourself a gmail address. I told you I had first tested this with one of my poetry books; I have since put all three of my poetry books into blog format, and for one of them, yes the bird book, I went even further, populating it with photos and giving it a separate non-blogspot domain, which means you do not need gmail to check this one out: www.thirtybirdspoetry.com
See you all in two weeks. Anne, what time should we show up?
Love, jon
No comments:
Post a Comment