Saturday, April 9, 2011

GOOD to be Home

Hi - Thanks for the reminder - and all the early-hour work - of getting in to the blog.  Loved reading through it this morning, and I had been trying, unsuccessfully, to get into your blog, Anne - now I can.  Again I ask, do you want me to transfer over en masse the emails and writings which I arbitrarily put into a file called "Birthday 2011"?  How do I do that?  Is that what g-mail is all about?  And how much purging can you do once it is passed on?  Actually, I have the feeling that you have kept pretty much everything that I did, so I'll just let it ride and wait as you continue your blogwork.  Of course, the ancient history (1988+) is precious to read, too.
   It is SO GOOD to be home.  We slaved on the land one day, cleaning up after Wayne the patrolman on the Loyalty bank below our house.  That's when we came up and sat on the porch swing and talked to you, Josh and Anne, and watched bluebirds build next in our birdhouses.
   So catching up with friends, and getting into church music and an actual wedding I have for April 30, and doing women's club stuff, and modifying our southwest-US basement corner,  has delighted us.  Dick's knees hurt, and they didn't in Arizona.  Phooey.  It has been rainy the last few days, so that adds to it, for some reason.  Today we're going in to Verona to pick up the two bikes Ken (Dick's brother) gave us that Anne and Eric and Jon tried out and they had some problems.  Hopefully problems are gone.
   Really looking forward to Easter Saturday and seeing all but Prague branch.  Excited that that will happen come summer!  
   Meanwhile, Jon, Andrew's 12th is coming up, and since we can't duplicate his sister's treasure hunt, we have some other expanded ideas that involve a whole weekend.  Any chance you can come up near his birthday???
   Hugs to all of you.  Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment