Friday, April 20, 2012

busy day in Educationland

...for bunches of reasons. Visiting teachers from Vilnius, Lithuania and Kalispel, Montana by coincidental timing, especially as I recently had a guest poet in class from Taos, New Mexico. But student work is what I wanted to emphasize here. I think I've shared my school's provision of Edublog--voluntary for teachers to use, but I'm finding that this platform is vital to kids' writing process. Here is the link to my Edublog: http://blogs.isp.cz/dlamken/

Today, April 20, has been designated by the Invisible Children campaign as an global event to 'cover the earth' with a push to have LRA leader Joseph Kony arrested. We're studying the 'story' and its sometimes wild turns as a focal piece for our Media & Mass Communication unit in one of my 11th grade classes. Would be interested in your perspective.

And, more personally, I'm pleased with educational strides at 95 Saldova, Roztoky (our address, with a guestroom, btw!). Joey, Ben and I went to a great music retailer yesterday and bought an amplifier specific for bass guitar and some brush drumsticks for more nuanced rhythms. Em is reading a lot and taking a lot of inspiration from Ben's drawings. Basketball in the front yard is fun and, well, lots of good learning.

Happy birthday, soon, Sister! Enjoy the blessings of spring...

No comments:

Post a Comment