As all our works invite, I enjoyed reading this several times, and--by instinct, I think--a little game emerged: close your eyes and open on a phrase and leap from that one to another. Here's what I did (if I remember the journey correctly): from Dark Water my eyes searched for 'light' but landed on Living Waterwhich was right below Sprayingright below Softthen my eye found the rhyme in Hotand dropped down to Oceanwhich reminded me of the smaller water in Pondand up to Coolwhich is right below Dark (cycling backbut not done, as the eye raised to Roaringand dashed down to Still--I knew that was therea cornerstone to the ways we swim through.
As all our works invite, I enjoyed reading this several times, and--by instinct, I think--a little game emerged: close your eyes and open on a phrase and leap from that one to another. Here's what I did (if I remember the journey correctly):
ReplyDeletefrom Dark Water my eyes searched for 'light'
but landed on Living Water
which was right below Spraying
right below Soft
then my eye found the rhyme in Hot
and dropped down to Ocean
which reminded me of the smaller water in Pond
and up to Cool
which is right below Dark (cycling back
but not done, as the eye raised to Roaring
and dashed down to Still--
I knew that was there
a cornerstone to the ways we swim through.